IT and Digital strategy meets aspirations for improved health services
Waltham Forest Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) IT Strategy team engaged Prederi to undertake the development of its five year IT Strategy. Digital by Default has been adopted across the NHS to improve patient care and safety, patient experience with NHS services and enable better use of limited resources. WF CCG needed assistance to understand and implement the Digital by Default Standard.
Digital by Default has been adopted across the NHS as the way ahead in improving patient care and safety, improving patient experience with NHS services and enabling better use of limited resources. The CCG recognised that the following challenges could be alleviated with better use of modern ICT and by taking forward the NHS digital agenda:
- Move from the current reactive approach to health care to one where patients engage more actively in their care to enable prevention of common aliments;
- Improvement in health care for those with chronic an complex health needs through better information sharing and improved care models;
- Better use of all health care resources, primary and secondary, for example, better use of specialists and facilities through better sign-posting and self-help services for patients;
- Improvement in patient engagement in managing their own health and the experience of NHS services;
- Reduced unnecessary use of A&E
- Reduced admissions and re-admissions where better collaboration between health and social care and third sector professionals can provide care in the community.
A mixed team from Prederi (IT strategist, Digital experts and clinicians) developed the following, which are now implementing:
- Five year IT and Digital Vision with a detailed Roadmap for year 1, including change management;
- Digital “literacy” improvements for health professionals;
- Improved methods of connectivity and integration within Primary Care and acute services and across the local and neighbouring health system;
- Digital services adoption methodology based on Agile methods; enabling all the relevant parties to engage in designing solutions, delivery and evaluating the results.
Following this project the CCG Commissioners and managers were fully conversant and engaged with the ICT and Digital Strategy. The programme achieved buy-in from the 45 GP Practices and the other health service providers in Waltham Forest by using Agile methods to show early results, which could be validated, and making improvements for all parties involved in the change programme.
Can we help you?
We'd love to tell you more about how we can work with your business to achieve similar results.
Reach me on 07879 994 459 or my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org